Press Releases and Articles
Pilot Flying J Leads the Way in Professional Driver Appreciation with Service and Reward Offerings
Calling All Road Warriors - Pilot Flying J Launches Campaign to Celebrate Professional Drivers
Pilot Flying J Introduces New Programs at Mid-America Trucking Show
Recall Notice Update
Pilot Flying J announces Kyle Cones as 2014 Road Warrior Winner
New Pilot Travel Center Brings 100 Local Jobs, Restaurants and Merchandise to Mount Pleasant Residents
Pilot Flying J to Donate Coffee Proceeds in Honor of Veterans Day
Shortly after the federal investigation, Pilot Flying J CEO, Jimmy Haslam announced the company’s plan to address the issues raised by the investigation. What is that plan and has any progress been made?
We are making good, solid progress on our plan. In review:
On April 22, 2013, Pilot Flying J set forth a plan to address the issues raised in the federal investigation. To date, the plan has progressed as follows:
- We instructed our entire internal field audit team, consisting of 25 plus employees, back to Knoxville to audit all of our nearly 5,000 diesel fuel customers' accounts. The team started with our manual diesel rebate customers, which were highlighted in the April 18 federal affidavit.
- Our audit team completed their initial manual diesel rebate review on June 30. We mailed letters to all our manual diesel rebate customers explaining the results of our audit. The accounts that had a discrepancy in the customer’s favor received checks for the amounts of the discrepancies, plus interest and attorney fees. We have invited all manual diesel rebate customers to discuss or verify our findings.
- It is important to note that there were numerous manual diesel rebate accounts that had a zero balance.
- We have started to audit all other accounts with any type of direct bill or rebate relationship with Pilot Flying J. This audit will review accounts from January 2008 to date.
- We are continuing to strengthen our sales team and are very pleased to announce the following additions:
- David Hughes has been named Vice President of Sales. David has 15 years' experience in the trucking industry. Prior to joining Pilot Flying J in 2012, he worked with Covenant Transportation Group in Chattanooga, TN.
- Steve Vanderink has moved from his position as a Pilot Flying J Division Director of Operations to Northeast/Midwest Director of Sales. Steve has been a valuable team member at Pilot Flying J with over 20 years' experience in the travel center business.
- Mike Hill has moved from his position as a Division Director to a Western Director of Sales where he will manage our regional sales team.
- We are putting the correct systems and controls in place. On April 22, we ordered the complete elimination of manually calculated diesel rebates by June 30. This will minimize any opportunity for human error, misuse or abuse.
- New policies and procedures have been put in place and essentially all manually calculated diesel rebates at Pilot Flying J have been eliminated.
- We asked our outside counsel to work with our internal counsel to create and staff a position of Chief Compliance Officer.
- This process has taken more time than expected due to the importance of getting the right person for this job. We have visited with other companies who have best practices compliance policies and officers in place. We hope to have this position filled within the next several months.
- Finally, on April 22, we announced the Pilot Flying J Board made the decision to hire an Independent Special Counsel to conduct an independent, internal investigation for the Board, in addition to management’s internal investigation.
- Reid Weingarten, of the national law firm Steptoe & Johnson, has his investigation underway, and Pilot Flying J is fully cooperating with Weingarten and his team.
Pilot Flying J has always had plenty of gasoline and diesel for its customers, particularly in extreme circumstances such as hurricanes. Will the company be in a position to provide the same level of supply service in the future?
Absolutely. Our ability to provide gasoline and diesel for our customers has not changed.
Will Pilot Flying J’s ability to extend credit to its customers be impacted by all of this?
Pilot Flying J extends approximately $500 million dollars a week in credit to our customers. We do not anticipate any change in that, and we will continue to support our customers.
Pilot Flying J is in the midst of implementing highly visible programs to improve travel center showers and to add DEF lanes. Will these programs continue?
Yes. There has not been any interruption in these programs, and we are excited about providing improved showers and added DEF lanes to our drivers.
Pilot Flying J has been on a rapid growth curve over the past few years. Will the company cut back on its growth and capital expenditures as a result of the federal investigation?
No, we continue to grow. In fact, we just opened a new store in Arkansas, and we recently opened stores in Texas and Ohio. We have plans to open several new stores in other locations throughout the summer.
Questions or Concerns?
Phone: 865-588-7488 ext. 3028